- Utility consumption tracking and reporting
- Utility consumption reduction project planning and implementation
- Coordinate utility consumption policy creation
- Coordinate activities with peripheral stakeholders - EH&S, Purchasing, and Design & Construction Services)
- Manage A&BS Special Projects
- UC Irvine Smart Labs Initiative (An Environmental Health & Safety and Facilities Management Energy Partnership)
The unit seeks to optimize campus utility consumption and plan strategically for load reduction, campus growth, and infrastructure operational improvement. The team looks forward to continued reduction in kWh consumption in the range of 10M kWh per year, as well as continued progress implementing campus metering and integration into real time energy management systems.