- Service and maintain all heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems as designed to ensure safe and efficient building operation
- Operate and maintain extensive building automation networks.
- Test and maintain critical air flow and temperature alarms for all research labs and vivaria
- Service and maintain all building exhaust systems to ensure safe and efficient building operations.
- Maintain and certify all fumehoods on campus.
- Ensure proper directional air flow for all campus research buildings and labs
- Install repair and maintain all refrigeration equipment on campus, including environmental rooms
- Maintain accurate refrigerant recordkeeping of the proper handling and usage of refrigerant to ensure compliance for EPA filing; retrofit CFC refrigerants to environmentally friendly HFC refrigerants
The HVAC technicians provide support for the sophisticated systems in our campus buildings. They are also our "comfort" shop - responding to hot/cold calls and doing their best to keep our space within campus standards. The refrigeration technicians support campus research and education through the maintenance, installation and repair of all equipment containing refrigerant. Equipment includes environmental walk-in coolers and freezers, comfort and laboratory air conditioning, and all refrigeration units such as ice machines and research equipment.